Peterhouse Church of England Primary Academy is dedicated to guaranteeing that provision is equitable throughout our school community. We endeavour to achieve this by:
- Promoting cultural development and understanding via a rich range of experiences, both in and beyond daily school-life.
- Ensuring sufficient opportunities exist within the school curriculum to address issues of equality.
- Effectively supporting children so that tangible progress is made by all, including those in vulnerable groups.
- Monitoring and responding in a timely fashion to any issues that arise where prejudice is considered to be a contributing factor.
- Ensuring the school environment is as accessible as possible to pupils, staff and visitors.
DISABILITY ACCESS STATEMENT
All areas of the school are accessible by wheelchair. The ground floor has non stepped entrances to all doorways. The outdoor classrooms have ramped access to double doors.
First floor classrooms are accessed using the schools lift which is maintained by Stanah and has all required emergency facilities. Both stairwells are equipped with Evac Chairs in order to quickly and safely evacuate disabled pupils.
The Academy was rebuilt in 2010 and as such had to meet all new building regulations for disabled facilities. There are four pupil accessible disabled toilets on the ground floor and two adult only facilities. On the first floor there is one disabled access toilet.
In addition to toilet facilities the Academy also has its own manual handling room, where facilities are available to hoist disabled pupils to allow changing.