Junior Leadership Team
At Peterhouse Primary Academy we have a fantastic Junior Leadership Team. Each year we elect a head boy and girl, a deputy head boy and girl, and a group of prefects. These wonderful children work together to make our school a better place to be.
What do we do?
Each year we create an action plan to help improve our school. In previous years the Junior Leaders have:
- Improved outdoor play equipment
- Purchased an outdoor table tennis table
- Reduced litter around the school
- Improved the resources available to children in the early years
- Helped to improve behaviour at lunchtimes
- Improved the experience of eating in the dining hall
We also all get the chance to be Headteacher for the day! This involves:
- Dressing to impress (obviously!)
- Answering and sending emails and phone calls
- Spending some of the school money on new resources
- Having our lunch provided for us!
- Plenty of hot chocolate!
- Leading a Junior Leadership Team meeting
- Learning walks
- Break and lunch time duties
At the end of the year, we get to have a working lunch. This means that we get taken out to a restaurant and we discuss our achievements through the year.
Our Plan for 2022/23
Joint Targets with Moorlands Primary Academy:
- To improve the quality of assemblies to include more pupil interaction.
- To make sure that all subject curriculums are set out in a way that engages children and improves the recall of key facts.
- To further support the local food banks